Most of all nutritionists and fitness advisers suggest to eat small amounts of healthy evening snacks throughout the day to keep you fit. It’s always better to have small amount of food five times a day over three heavy meals. This help to curb craving, limit hunger and also avoid overeating.
The idea of healthy evening snacks is to make a goal of never go three waking hours without having a small bite to eat.
Think about this.
When we were kid, how often we use to eat? As per I know a every couple hours.
There is a huge debate about this whether to eat just 3 meals a day or eat smaller meals 4-5 times a day.
But here’s the deal. I’m not talking about 4-5 heavy meals. It’s 3 meals and 1-2 healthy snacks for mid-morning and evening. Health experts says- In case you’re eating first thing in the morning and afterwards every 2-3 hours you’ll see it the most effective way to keep your metabolism going strong and to ensure that your energy levels remain consistent throughout the day. If you are a fitness freak, you must try these healthy snacks for evening workout.
Most of us search on internet to find out what to eat in evening snacks, healthy snacks for evening workout, healthy snacks for evening tea and how to prepare healthy evening snacks?
Now your search ends here.
So let’s just right jump into the 9 healthy evening snacks which you must try.
I’ve asked few food specialists and did some research on my own, and come up with these 9 healthy evening snacks recipe that are yummy, effectively accessible, and deliver the right amount of calories (125 or under).
9 Healthy Evening Snacks
Pumpkin seeds healthy evening snacks
Pumpkin seeds healthy evening snacks are jam-packed with minerals, vitamins and antioxidants, which make them one of the healthy snacks for evening time. You can have them roasted or boiled.
How to make roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1.5 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- curry powder to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of chipotle flakes
- Place the oven on stove/induction. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
- Now put the seeds in oven and toss it for 1 minute.
- Add melted butter, curry powder, cayenne pepper and chipotle flakes to it.
- Cook it for 45 minutes or until the seeds turn golden brown.
Air-popped popcorn healthy evening snacks
Here I’m not talking about the popcorn which we get it outside the movie theaters, which contains 1200 calories and 60gms of saturated fat. The healthiest type of evening snacks popcorn is air-popped, which has 30 calories.
How to prepare air-popped popcorn
- Brown paper bag
- 2-3 tablespoons of popcorn
- Take a brown paper bag and put 2-3 tablespoons of popcorn in it.
- Fold the top of the brown paper bag tightly.
- Now microwave for 2 minutes or until it stops popping. If you do not have microwave, you can place the popcorn in a cooker and close the handle.
Sprouts healthy evening snacks
A bowl filled with the fresh and delicious sprouts is a hit when it comes to healthy snacks for evening time. This healthy evening snacks are rich in vitamin A, boost blood supply, helps in hair growth, rich in iron, zinc and much more.
How to prepare a bowl of healthy sprouts
- Soaked chickpeas
- moong dal
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 tomato
- Salt to taste
- Soak the chickpeas, moong dal and legumes in bowl filled with water overnight.
- Remove the water from it in the morning and wash it with the fresh water.
- Add 1 cucumber, 1 tomato in this sprout.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Peanuts Healthy Evening Snacks
Delicious, nuty and chruncy peanuts are one of the famous oilseeds. Peanuts are rich in energy. It contains 567 calories per 100g. It is good source for dietary protein.
How to prepare healthy peanuts snacks for evening
- Salt to taste
- Melted butter
- Red pepper flakes
- Heat the 1 tablespoon oil in the pan.
- Add peanuts and toss for a minute.
- Add salt, melted butter and red pepper flakes to it.
- Cook the peanut until it turns golden brown.
Baked apple healthy evening snacks
Baked apple is the easiest healthy snacks. One cup of baked apple provide 105 calories, 1 gram of protein and 28 grams of total carbohydrates if left unsweetened.
How to prepare Cinnamon baked apple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3.5 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 5 apples- peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Grease the oven with butter.
- Place a oven on a stove and preheat to 350 degree F
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add the mixture and apple in the oven. Steer 5-10 minutes.
- Pour water over apples and continue cooking until tender or for 15 more minutes.
Munch on some of the apple sticks in the evening time.
How to prepare apple sticks for evening time
- 2-3 apples
- 2-3 craft sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon salt to taste
- Medium heat granulated sugar in a saucepan. Stir it constantly.
- Sugar will turn into a thick brown as you continue to stir. Once the sugar is completely melted, add the butter.
- After the butter is melted, pour heavy cream while stirring. Allow the mixture to boil for a minute.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and add salt. Mix it well.
Prepare Apple stick
- Wash the apple and remove the stem
- Place the craft stick on the stem area.
- Holding the stick, dip the apple into the warm caramel.
- Place the apple stick on the waxed paper and let it cool before to serve.
The other candy apple stick which I loved. Check-out thecookful.com
Pumpkin spice blender muffins healthy evening snacks
Pumpkins are delicious and seasonal.
Pumpkin spice blender muffins are very easy to make, gluten-free, and needs only two tools- that is your blender and oven.
There are plenty of benefits of having pumpkin, so it’s fine to be obsessed with it. It boost vision, lower blood pressure, keeps your heart healthier and much more.
Since you get to know the benefits of having pumpkin, let’s just right jump in to the recipe of pumpkin spice blender muffins. This is one of the healthy snacks for evening tea.
How to prepare pumpkin spice blender muffins
- Oats – 1.5 cups
- Almond meal – 0.5 cup
- Baking powder- 2tsp
- Pumpkin spice- 2tsp
- Coconut sugar- 0.5 cup or depend upon how much sweet you like
- pinch of salt
- Mashed pumpkin- 1cup
- Milk- 1cup
- Vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Eggs- 2
Before your start preparing the pumpkin spice blender muffins, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Take a blender and blend oats till ground into flour.
- Now add almond meal, pumpkin spice, baking powder, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt – blend to mix it well.
- To this add pumpkin, vanilla extract, milk, two eggs and mix to combine.
- Now slowly pour this batter into 12- cup muffin tin.
- Place these cups in oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Take out the cups from the oven and let it cool.
Now get ready to take these pumpkin spice blender muffins into your mouth and enjoy the delicious healthy snack.
Southwestern hummus dip healthy evening snacks
By any chance if you cherish southwestern flavors, this Southwestern Hummus Dip is for you! It is such an astonishing vegan plunge for engaging or to appreciate as a healthy snack for evening workout!
Veggies, beans, and flavors; cooked to flawlessness! Since it is so simple to make and is ideal for preparing early.
How to prepare southwestern hummus dip
- Olive oil- 1tsp
- Onion diced – 1
- Red pepper diced- 1
- Black beans/ or any beans which you like- soaked and washed well
- Green pepper diced- 1
- Spinach – 2cups
- Cumin – 0.5tsp
- Garlic powder – 0.5tsp
- Chilli powder- 0.5tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion powder- 0.5tsp
- Fresh corn- 1 boiled
- Hummus- 2 to 10 ounce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Pour oil in the pan and heat.
- Add onion, peppers and spices into the pan. Toss till the onion turn light brown and peppers gets soften.
- Now add corn, beans, and spinach and saute till the spinach starts to sag. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Pour hummus, corn-beans mixture and cheese into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake this for about 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and turned golden
9. Beet slaw healthy evening snacks
This beet slaw is a spicy and sweet side dish, with those ranch crisp beets, scallions, and new mint! It combines flawlessly with grilled chicken or salmon.
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamins. So if you are any immune system related issues you must try this. Beets lower your blood pressure, boost your stamina, flight inflammation, rich in nutrients and fiber, it support the detoxification process and also has anti-cancer properties.
How to prepare beet slaw
- Raw beets- 4 peeled, grated
- Scallion stalks into thin slice- 2
- Peeled Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Chopped mint – 1/4 cup
- Half Lemon- juiced
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Golden raisins- 0.5 cups
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced almonds – 0.25 cup
- Take a grater and grate beets and ginger.
- Now place all the ingredients and toss it to mix it well.
- You can serve immediately and in case if you want to eat later, make sure to place it in a air-tight container and keep it in fridge.
With these healthy evening snacks recipe, you not only have your evening curb craving sorted but also get the daily dose of healthy diet. This is also a healthy snacks for evening workout.
Have some more healthy snacks for evening time in your mind?
I would love to know recipe for healthy snacks for evening from you. Do share with me.
Comment right below to let me know what’s your healthy evening snacks.